Tuesday, June 3, 2008

M*i*S*S*i*S*S*I*P*P*I.........


Well... on to Mississippi.. wow, I love the name of that place.. guess it was because it was one of the first long words that I learned to spell in school.. boy, I felt so proud!! But golly, it sure is HOT here!! And here I thought that Georgia was hot. Folks are so nice here, they have been so helpful every place we have gone. We are here at the library today.. using their WIFI. neat, huh? For such a small little town (Fulton), they have the nicest library.. with the nicest people you could ask for... But.. as Forest Gump said.. that is all I have to say about that..
We are staying at a COE campground.. For you non-campers, that is Corps of Engineers. Almost all their sites are on the water.. (cause it is a lock and dam) It is like sitting on a lot in a park. We are surrounded by lots of trees (rabbits and squirrel too). Can hardly see the folks next to you. Behind our camp is all wooded, with a path down to a private pier.. can you believe that? Here is a look at it..




Since we have been here two days, it will be time to move on tomorrow. Thor is getting itchy feet again, says he wants to see some new places... So.. till next time, Lil' Alfie's Travels says bye...

No comments: